Sunday, January 9, 2011

First off this week, I'm joining in on the Pantry Challenge over at Life As A Mom and Organizing Junkie!  My goal is to use up what is in the freezer (actually we have 3 freezers....probably a bit much, huh?), fridge and pantry.  I will be stocking up on loss leaders throughout the month and working my way into building my stockpile for the next few months.






So here is a shot at our menu for this week, using up what we already have:

Monday:  Sticky chicken, green beans
Tuesday:  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
Wednesday:  Spaghetti, salad
Thursday:  Chili, cornbread
Friday:  Leftovers or dinner out
Saturday:  Buffalo chicken soup
Sunday:  Homemade pizza

Breakfast is always either oatmeal, cold cereal or eggs.  Lunch is usually leftovers.  I pack the boys leftovers or peanut butter and jelly for their school lunches.  Hubby is on the road so don't have to worry about him.  I eat whatever is convenient and (hopefully) healthy....it isn't always pretty though!!

The Sticky Chicken and Buffalo Chicken Soup are from Sparkpeople recipes that I found today.  I can't wait to try them...they sound absolutely delish!!  I'll report back how it turns out.

Sticking to the plan, I should only need milk and bread from the store this week, plus I'll grab any BOGOs that make sense for us and some other loss leaders.  I haven't checked them out yet so have no idea what they are.

How about you?  Do you try to plan your meals around your pantry? 



8 comments:

Marwin The Misunderstood Wizard said...

http://marwinthemisunderstoodwizard.blogspot.com/ PLEASE COMMENT ON MY WEBSITE, FONDLY MARWIN

Marwin The Misunderstood Wizard said...

http://marwinthemisunderstoodwizard.blogspot.com/ PLEASE COMMENT ON MY WEBSITE, FONDLY MARWIN

Cheap Flights said...

Boston is a highly attractive conurbation. It is the home to plenty of attractions.Travelers from overseas get to the city by taking Boston Flights from their respective places of origin to view the major attractions which include New England Aquarium, Fenway Park, Salem Witch Museum and the Swan Boats of Boston.Mexico Flights,Vancouver Flights

security equipment said...

This is not the first of your posts I've read, and you never cease to amaze me. Thank you, and I look forward to reading more.

Anthony said...

sac a main chanel
tee shirts
bottes
sac5.com
sac louis vuitton
sac prada
chaussures5.com
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures dunk sb
tee shirts.com
burberry pas cher
Tee shirts pas cher
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml

Anthony said...

sac a main chanel
tee shirts
bottes
sac5.com
sac louis vuitton
sac prada
chaussures5.com
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures dunk sb
tee shirts.com
burberry pas cher
Tee shirts pas cher
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml

sbo said...

sbo
sbobet

Maire said...

Oh I love this!