Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New Year!!

Here we are....2011.

I've gotten harrassment encouragement from others to keep this blog going.  They said they actually enjoy it!  Truth be told, I do too!!  I've missed it!!  And since life is back to some semblance of normalcy....did I just say that?.....I have made a commitment to keep it going.  That is one of my 2011 resolutions. 

I've got some goals for this year. It's actually going to be a VERY busy year.  I'm still in school for my ARNP degree and this is the heavy year.  Not a long program and this year is the majority of the work.  Whew....anyone out there have a firm grasp on Pathophysiology and care to tutor me??  :)

I've renewed those typical goals of eating better, exercising more and budgeting better.  The budget one is an absolute necessity.  I've decreased my hours at work because of the heavy class load I'm taking and first year at a new airline is never very good.  So we'll be hitting the Dave Ramsey program pretty hard again and focusing on our dollars.  Have you tried Dave Ramsey yet?  Great advice!

As for the healthier lifestyle, I'm checking in with Sparkpeople EVERY DAY!  I LOVE Sparkpeople!  Keeps me accountable, great reports, easy to use and let's you make some very real changes in your health.  Every time I've focused on this and checked in, I lose weight.  Easy as that.  Seriously.  I track my food and exercise, gain my points and read about other's success.  It truly is one of the best sites for making healthier lifestyle decisions.  Check it out!

In the meantime, here are a few pics of what is going on in our world right now.....



Big Boy has been very under the weather. Huge fever, sore throat, sniffles, achy. He has war wounds to prove it....

Those darn fever blisters hurt!  Poor kiddo!


We've added a new addition to the family......Meet Drake. We lost our oldest Boxer, Max, last November. Drake joined us a couple of weeks before Christmas. He's adorable....and sweet.....and is measuring up to be a GREAT pup!!



 
Super Hubs has a new job. He started at JetBlue Airlines in December. Loves it! I'm really happy for him and we've prayed, a LOT, that this is the direction God has for us.

Most importantly, we will spend a great deal of time thanking God for His wonderful blessings on our home and family.  We have SO much to be grateful for! 


How about you?  What are your 2011 Resolutions?  What do you want to improve on this year? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute pupppppppy!!!!!! Good luck for 2011!