Monday, November 2, 2009

Before & After PARTAY!!!!!!!!!!

I promised and yes, I eventually deliver!!

I told you all about a little paintin' party fixin'-up Super Hubs & I took on, right?  Well..... HERE IT IS!!

I'll admit that most everyone is a better decorator than I.  But sometimes, just a few times, I really get it right.  And this time, I got it right.

A quick before:




Note the plain white backgrounds...





Kitchen area


Family Room


Kitchen



Our kitchenette office corner



Family Area

The gold color is Bungalow Gold and the darker color is Cayenne.  Both are from Valspar.  We did use the same primer for both, which was tinted with the gold color. 

Honestly, it is SO warm and inviting now!  I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures but we have a very large open kitchen and family area.  The darker colors have helped to bring them together and it is very cozy. 

I did re-do the top of the entertainment center.  I just got the two vases, added some more greenery and dried arrangements.  I still don't like the clock next to the other round thing-y but it'll do for now.  And yes, I have a lot more decorating on the walls but it takes me FOREVER!  I hate to confess it but this is the first paint job in these rooms in SEVEN years!  It's been "custom builder rather flat off white" for years now folks....give me some time for those decorations huh?! 

I finally think I have a little something worthy of Sarah's Before & After Party over at Thrifty Decor Chick!  Join me and a bunch of other thrifty decorating chicks....just don't compare me with Sarah because that lady is a Decorating Goddess!! 




3 comments:

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

The colors are so warm & cozy!

Christy said...

I love it. All of it. Great job guys!!

angel said...

love the new colors in the house. can't wait to be there and relax in a couple months. Love ya