Thursday, September 3, 2009

Labor Day?!

Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer (isn't that a great name for a blog?!! LOVE IT!) is hosting a Labor Day party, of sorts.

How about telling us a little about your labor? You know...the MOST IMPORTANT KIND OF LABOR you've EVER done!??!

Here's mine:

How long were your labors?

Big Boy: Extremely active all day since we were in the midst of a hurricane of sorts. I walked and walked and walked all day to see if I could speed things along and of course, nothing. So I tried to sleep. Slept for about 2 hours before I rolled over in bed and splash! Water broke! Off we went to the hospital. From there, four hours of nothing, 14 hours of chemically induced mind-blowing contractions, finally consenting to an epidural and na-da. zilch. zippo. No progress. 18 hours later, we finally consented to a c-section because, despite being maxed out on the chemical that induces the contractions, my body had no clue how to actually give birth and not a single centimeter of dilation had occurred. So, 18 hours of pain for NOTHING!

Little Guy: Gave him until 3 days prior to his due date to give me an indication he was coming. He didn't. So we opted for a second, repeat c-section. No labor. Yee-haw!

How did you know you were in labor?

Big Boy: I thought I was. Evidently not. It really stunk!

Little Guy: Never was. That second c-section, planned. Wow, it was amazingly simple.

Where did you deliver?

At the hospital. I would have preferred a birthing clinic but SH thought we'd stopped delivering babies "out in the wild" in this country. He would have none of it!

Drugs?

Many, obviously. And gratefully!

C-section?

Yes, both.

Who delivered?

This really amazingly talented and wonderful physician whom I dearly respect. I felt completely cared for.

How about you? What is your labor story?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing your birthing stories!

Audra Michelle said...

What a great story! I love the pictures of your boys - very sweet!