Friday, April 10, 2009

Awesome Preschool Sites!

This week I thought I would share some of Big Boy and Little Man's favorite websites. Little Man actually does very little on the computer because he just doesn't have the tolerance to sit still very long. But Big Boy really enjoys "doing school" stuff and fun activities on the computer. He doesn't get a lot of time. Just a bit a few times a week. But I think it adds a bit to his "homeschool/preschool" education and honestly, it gives me a bit of a much-needed break sometimes! So here are some of our favorite sites. We hope you enjoy them too!

Starfall: This fantastic site helps Big Boy learn his letters, sight words, phonics and so much more! This is probably his favorite site and is probably my favorite as well.

Noggin: This is the site that refers to the Noggin channel on cable TV. Noggin claims to be "preschool on TV". Not that I think that preschool can be done on TV. But we tend to prefer this channel, when the boys do watch TV, over anything else. It does not have commercials for junk food, toys or inappropriate content. In fact, it doesn't have commercials at all!! The site is wonderful too as it has games and activities that supplement their favorite shows. They love to color on the printable pictures! Some of the games do a great job of reinforcing positive values and manners as well.

Sesame Street: We've not been on this site too much. It does seem to really offer about the same as the other major sites as Noggin and Disney. Our boys prefer Disney but like this at times as well.

Preschool Express: I love this site for tons of great ideas for activities, crafts, letters, colors, numbers, etc... etc...

No Time For Flash Cards: LOVE LOVE LOVE this site! I have a button on the sidebar that you can go directly to see Allie. As I have said before, she is the McGyver of all things preschool AND creative! It's a SuPeR fun site!

Playhouse Disney: Big Boy really enjoys the games on this site. It does have a lot more commercialization than the others but it is fun and keeps his attention well.

Those are our most-visited sites. How about you? What are your favorite Kid Friendly, preschool sites? Help us discover some new ones! And hop on over this Easter Weekend to Sarah at I Blame My Mother for more Kid Friendly Friday posts!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for the great suggestions. I often wonder about what sites will be good for my kids to play on as they learn to work the mouse and such.
Have you ever seen the ideas on
http://www.abcand123learning.blogspot.com ?
Have a great weekend.

Heidi Boos said...

Thanks for hopping on over to my blog today for Kid Friendly Friday. ;)

Katie beat me to it, but I was going to suggest ABC & 123. It's a great new site that offers a ton of preschool-ish ideas.

Thank you so much for this list! I wrote every one of them down. I'm finally beginning to realize that my daughter is now in the "preschool" category. I still want her to be my baby! ;)

A Joyful Chaos said...

Thanks for sharing! I am always looking for more great sites.

Katie said...

Those are great sites, my daughter is just now getting into that kind of stuff. She likes Noggin a lot, the only one we haven't beeen to is Seasame Street but we'll have to check it out.

Sharinskishe said...

Thanks for your information. Your local Child Care Licensing department has tons of information as well.

Sharinskishe

DairyQueen said...

We love Noggin too! We don't get the channel, but my mom and my grandparents do, and it's my girls LOVE to go watch it there!

I will have to check out the website!

Thanks for the other linsk too! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)