Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My lifesaver....my IPod.


I love it. I really really love it. I didn't think I would love it. In fact, when my SH gifted me a couple of years ago on Christmas morn, I believe I said something like....'OK, thanks. That'll be great. I hope I'll use it.' Then I didn't use it. For a long time. And finally, out of guilt and a wee bit of curiosity, I hooked the thing up and downloaded some CDs. And then some pod casts and a couple of books. And listened. And guess what? I LOVE IT! It saves my life....err, sanity...many many MANY days when I've had enough of children and not enough of me. I just plug it in, put my earbuds on and do something mindless like clean my house! A little Dixie Chicks, a little Neil Diamond, a whole lotta Ray Charles and I'm in HEAVEN! A whole new world, my world, my isolative little IPod world. It really Works For Me!

I love technology sometimes...

Head on over to www.wearethatfamily.com for more wonderful little Works For Me Wednesday stuff!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't live without my iPod either, but for different reasons. I have an iPod Touch and I use it for the internet browser, games for the kids (and me), videos for the kids, and a host of other applications.

The irony is that I have deleted all of the music off of mine! I had no idea that I would use it as much as I have. It has replaced portable DVD players; I can take it to the mall to entertain my kid in the stroller; and now I can turn it into a Kindle, even though I don't have one!

I am an Apple convert - can you tell?

Patricia said...

I love my ipod too because
a) it drowns out the tsst tsst tsst from other people's ipods on the bus.
b)it drowns out the music in shops.
c) it keeps my ears from hurting in the cold wind when I am on my bike.
d) it soothes me when I am traveling home after a hard day at work.
e) it makes me feel good to know that even though I am not listening to it when I am working, it is bringing the angels into the place where I am with the sound of holy music, prayers and scripture. (And no-one knows)