Monday, August 10, 2009

About God

Big Boy asked me over dinner last night, "Mama, does God sleep?"

After several moments to take it in, I answered "No. He's always awake so he can answer our prayers any time of the day."

Big Boy ponders that one for a moment and replies, "Then is he like us?"

"No" I answered, "He's God. He's not human. He is so much more."

This got him really thinking. "So does he have legs?"

"Yes."

"Does He have arms?"

"Yes."

"Does He have toes and fingers?"

"Yes. God has all his limbs." I say. At this point, I'm stumped. We go on to discuss that he may look like us humans but he is God. That means He is capable of much more than we are. The rest of the conversation was about how God is there for us, but He is not like us. He is Almighty. He is Everlasting. He is Most Powerful.

Quite a conversation with a 4-year-old inquisitive mind.

And one that reminds me that this Mama job is still the best gig I'll ever have.

No comments: