Thursday, August 27, 2009

How does one know?

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions ~
Rainer Maria Rilke
There is much angst in my heart right now.
Someone asked me a question about a week ago, of which I have no answer for right now.
I have prayed for guidance. It is not quite there.
I have prayed for knowledge. I'm still not sure.
I have prayed for understanding. I understand but still wonder.
It is not a bad thing. I don't believe. But when opportunities or questions or circumstances come into your life, how do you know?
I have this wonderful group of new friends in a small study group at church. They are walking through this with me. We study about faith. We discuss miracles and whether or not we see God in everything. Because He is, you know. In Everything.

So I believe that He is here. And He is taking me to this crossroad. I'm just not certain which road it is that He is leading me. I'm anxiously awaiting the burning bush. But so far, only a little smoke.
So again, I pray.
I wait.
I listen.
And when I choose, I believe that He will be there too.

1 comment:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.