Wednesday, August 5, 2009

No words

Because there are no words when you lose a child.

Because there are no words when the call comes to tell you the news.

Because there are no words to comfort the grieving mother who's just watched her son take his last breath.

Because there are no words that will replace his wild curls and his mischevious grin.

Because there are no words to reassure those that life will continue on, that you will smile again, that you will eventually not be consumed with this awful grief.

There are words not spoken by us, but written by Him. Those are the only words.

Jesus said to his disciples: 'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going.' Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?' Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'
John 14.1-6

No comments: