Friday, May 29, 2009

Water Play


One of our very fav SUMMER ACTIVITIES is WATER play!! It teaches so many different skills for little ones. When playing in water, children learn science concepts, math concepts, eye-hand coordination not to mention cooperation and sharing skills. We do all sorts of things in water, including sprinklers, "washing" cars, washing pets and one our favs, filling a huge plastic bin with water and toys! The boys love to throw various toys and kitchen items in to see what floats and what will sink! We then talk about the differences in HEAVY vs. light (see? science folks!!) So get yourself and the kiddos out in the sun this summer and PLAY IN THE WATER! It's SO fun!



Go on over to I Blame Mom for more wonderful Kid Friendly tidbits for today! And have a wonderful weekend my friends!

4 comments:

Tina said...

I think I agree.....something about kids and water. They are always so happy when water is involved.

have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Mine can play in water for hours. I like your idea of the plastic bin on a table. Not having to be on the ground might even extend the time they play like this! Wash rocks, bathe Little People, see what in the recycling bin floats....endless possibilities! Thanks for linking. Enjoy your weekend!

Sherry said...

I love the idea of just the clear box, instead of paying $100 bucks for the water sand station thing! GREAT idea, and inexpensive! I think I am getting one next walmart trip! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Michelle said...

I love the plastic bin too...we have one for our rice and I was thinking of doing sand too! You could really put anything in it for them to explore. It is definitely better than paying $100+